Thursday, December 23, 2010

First (but old) Barefoot Running Injury...

So, this is an old blog post from my Barefoot Runners Society page that I had forgotten to post on here...Was originally posted on 9/22/10...Enjoy!



So, I went out for a quick 3 mile run this evening.  I had reached about the half mile mark.  I was approaching a corner at the end of a dead-end street.  I heard and saw the lights of a car coming from around the corner.  I hopped up onto the curb to avoid being smashed by a car blindly turning right.  Funny thing, there's this construction sign on the corner (passed it many times).  It has square legs that are like an upside-down T.  As I passed it, I managed to kick the end of one leg with my right foot just under my pinkie toe.  I kept running about 3 paces thinking that it kinda hurt and that it was a damn stupid thing to do.  Then I remembered that the end of the pipe leg I just kicked was an open square pipe.  I stopped to look at my foot and realized I had sliced it pretty good.  End of evening run.
Managed to walk about half-way home before realizing I could still run on it.  Made it home, snapped some pictures and jumped in the shower to wash it off.
Bandaged and ready to run again in another day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment