Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Journey to a Barefoot 50-mile Endurance Run: Week 7 of 18

So goes the cold or allergy or whatever is hanging on to my chest. . . as a result this week's post will be short.

As stubborn as I am, I finally gave in and took a week of needed rest.  I ran the 2.4 miles with the group I am training last Tuesday and an additional 4 miles on Saturday morning.  I did not run any other mid-week runs last week nor did I run on Sunday.  In fact, I spent most of the weekend sleeping.  This week has gone a little better with the illness.  I'm still coughing ferociously from time to time, however, it seems less intense and farther between bouts of coughing fits.  I ran this afternoon with the training group.  I don't know if I will run again tomorrow.  I'll see how things go through the day.

On a more positive note, I got a new article published on www.myfivefingers.com regarding running cadence.  Feel free to check it out.  I'm also going to re-post the article here on my blog in another day or so.

Plan for the week (if all goes well): 
Today: 2.4 miles
Wednesday/Thurs:  8/6
Saturday/Sunday:  10/6

Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment