Friday, February 25, 2011

Upcoming Runs and other stuff

So, after 5 and a half weeks of a pain in the ass, hacking cough.  I think it's finally on its way out.  I've had to ditch my plan to run the Diablo Trails Challenge 50K Ultramarathon in March.  I lost way too many training miles to make that happen.

I've been focusing on getting the San Francisco Chapter of the Barefoot Runners Society  up and running with group runs.  Also, I've been looking for a place for our chapter to participate in the upcoming first annual International Barefoot Running Day on May 1, 2011.  I have a few ideas, so if you're in the area stay tuned for an update. 

The SF Chapter of BRS also has a new Facebook page so, check it out too if you're on Facebook.

On that note - BRS SF Chapter will be having a group run on March 6, 2011 at 9 a.m. at the Consumnes River Preserve.  On March 27, 2011 at 9 a.m. we will have another group run at the Crab Cove Visitor's Center in Alameda.  Come join us for a 3 to 5 mile run on either day.  Run barefoot, minimalist or even shod (if you're just curious and want to see what it's all about). 

Since I dropped my plans for the 50K run in March, I started looking around for other 50k ultras in the area.  I happened to pop onto Barefoot KenBob's website and found what was, in my opinion, the most AWESOME race I can think of - The "Born to Run Ultramarathon"!!!!  Unfortunately for me, I have more important family obligations that weekend, but I thought I'd let you all know about it.

The Born to Run Ultramarathon is a race being held in the mountains near Santa Barbara.  There are several races being held simultaneously - 100 mile, 100k, 50k, and 10 mile.  There will be a Barefoot Division!  To make things even better - Barefoot KenBob is the guest speaker the night before the race! Check it out if you are free the weekend of May 13- 15th.

Well, that's about all for now. . . I'm dying to get back on the road/trail again after my 5 week hiatus!  Will keep you posted about how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment